Yes, Christians Need The GospelSeptember 29, 2011
At a recent conference I preached on “Why do Christians need the Gospel?” My sermon was based on 1 John 1:8- 2:2, a passage which gives us a framework for Gospel-centred living. My outline was:
1. Don’t be deceived, confess your sins (1:8-10)
- the claim we must avoid (8,10)
- the confessionwe must adopt (9)
2. Don’t be discouraged, consider Jesus (2:1-2)
- What is Jesus doing now?
- How can Jesus plead my case and win?
- Talk about the gospel
- Meditate on the gospel
- See the gospel
- Share the gospel
Listen to the whole sermon.