Opening 1 TimothyJanuary 17, 2009
Tomorrow we begin a new sermon series on 1 Timothy. I’m looking forward to opening up the letter, and the series, with an exposition on 1 Timothy 1:1-2.
Some of the resources that have helped me on the way are as follows:
- The Letters to Timothy and Titus (New International Commentary on the New Testament by Philip H. Towner
- 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus – New International Biblical Commentary New Testament by Gordon D. Fee
- The Message of 1 Timothy and Titus (Bible Speaks Today) by John R.W. Stott
- Commentary on Timothy, Titus, Philemon by John Calvin
- 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus: To Guard the Deposit (Preaching the Word) by R. Kent Hughes and Bryan Chapell
- Be Faithful (1 & 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon): It’s Always Too Soon to Quit! (Be Series Commentary) by Warren W. Wiersbe
- Commentary on the Whole Bible: 1 Timothy by Matthew Henry
I’ll let you know how I get on.