Sermon Feedback FormJune 25, 2008
10 men from our recent Preaching Course will be delivering sermons this July in churches around Edinburgh. This week I put together a feedback form for those who will go with them and provide constructive comment. Its pretty basic but tries to cover all the main bases.
Sermon Feedback Form
Name of Preacher: ___________________________________
Feedback given by: ___________________________________
Content of Sermon
1. What was the main idea of the sermon? How well was it communicated?
2. Was the sermon easy to follow? Any comments about text referencing, transitions between points, gaps in logic?
3. Any comments or concerns regarding the preacher’s handling of Scripture?
4. Were any illustrations particularly memorable? Were they appropriate (right kind of humour/ references)?
5. Was the text applied pastorally and directly to the congregation?
6. To what extent were both Christians and non-Christians addressed by the sermon?
7. How well did the sermon begin and end?
Presentation of Sermon
1. Any comments about the preacher’s speaking (voice articulation and projection)?
2. Any comments about the preacher’s body language/ mannerisms? (eg. eye contact, posture, anything distracting)
1. What did you appreciate most about this sermon?
2. What one thing should the preacher strive to improve next time round?
Any other comments