Top Blogs To Encourage PastorsJuly 28, 2007
Recently, Said At Southern listed five blogs to encourage pastors. This got me thinking about some of the blogs I’ve found most helpful for pastoral ministry.
So, in no particular order:
1. Pure Church – Thabiti Anyabwile consistently writes posts which are Scripturally sound and pastorally aware. Some of his series (for instance, what a good pastor is to do) are excellent.
2. Mark Dever @ 9 Marks blog and Together for the Gospel – What can I say? Dever’s reflections on ecclesiology particularly and the role of church leaders have been unswervingly biblical and a tonic for much that ails the church in our day.
3. Biblical Preaching (Peter Mead) – Peter is fairly new on the block, but I’ve really appreciated his posts. He is quite prolific – often several posts a day – and writes short, thought provoking articles on all things relating to preaching.
4. Desiring God Blog – Its hard to look past John Piper and co. Not always aimed at pastors, but as much as anything DG will keep you focused on your walk with God and the temperature of your worship.
5. Justin Taylor – There are just so many helpful links and articles JT links to, this is a must visit for pastor’s who use the internet.
Of course, there are many other excellent Christian blogs that I read which help me to be a better Christian. However, one thing that hit home in doing this exercise was how few blogs are devoted specifically to pastoral issues (9 Marks and Pure Church being exceptions). Perhaps there is a gap here that needs to be filled? Or maybe there are other blogs that I’m missing.
Other Toolbox This Week
* Excellent Commentaries List
* Sermon Evaluation Form: Calvin Seminary
* Mohler on Music
* Potter and the Preacher
* John Stott Bows out at Keswick
* Henry Center Media
* When Graham Preached Sinners in the Hands of An Angry God
* In What Ways Should The Pastor View His Ministry?
* Learned This Sunday Night: Nothing but the Blood
* Get A Preaching Resource Team