Workman’s ToolboxJanuary 27, 2007
This Saturday feature is what I call Workman’s toolbox. Time to kick back for a few minutes and simply click the mouse to some useful links. If you’re a preacher, you may find these especially useful.
* Some great audio from a recent conference called “Cruciformity: shaped by the cross”, featuring Tim Keller and Dan Doriani. (HT: Justin Taylor)
* A super post by a new member of the Expository Thoughts team, Randy McKinion: Challenges to Preaching the Old Testament
* The Thirsty Theologian gives a list of recommended sermons.
* Read about some of the best NT Greek texts which are online over at Transforming Sermons.
* Over at Soul Preaching, Sherman Harwood Cox II gives 5 things he wants from a sermon
* Justin Buzzard reviews a book on preaching
* The folks over at Fide-O have a great post explaining the key functions of a pastor: What Pastors Do.
* Wayne Grudem continues his online systematics lectures, and has recently concluded a three part series on the doctrine of miracles (parts one, two and three)
* A quite moving post by Al Mohler on lessons learned through his recent health crisis.
* Over at titus2talk, my wife Nicki has been offering “Your weekly dose of Susannah Spurgeon.” Read parts one, two and three of this intriguing series.
* Bob Kauflin (At Worship Matters) answers the question: “Are we lying to God when we sing?”
* Justin Buzzard mourns the death of his ipod. Very funny indeed.
… a couple of great honours for my fledgling blog this week: made King for a Week by Tim Challies, added to Challies blogroll and also to that of Thabiti Anyabwile. Sadly, my wife went one better (@titus2talk) and was spotted by Desiring God – no doubt for my humility…
Soli Deo Gloria.