The Case for Preaching (part 4)January 26, 2007
Strangely (but pleasingly), since I began a short series “The Case for Preaching” four weeks ago, a number of blogs have started posting on a similar theme. Unlike my cursory reflections, many of these posts are much more in-depth and lay out a real case for the ongoing significance of preaching. So find below a few of the links and tell me what you think.
A Case for Consecutive Exposition @ Expository Thoughts
Expository Preaching: A Display of What is There @ Expository Thoughts
Benefits of Expository Preaching @ Steward of Secret Things
Why Should A Pastor Be Preoccupied with Preaching God’s Word @ Fide-O
1. Christ-Centred Preaching by Bryan Chapell. (I agree with SW that this is the best single volume to give to any young preacher)
2. Preaching and Preachers by Martyn Lloyd Jones.
3. The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper.
4. Lectures to My Students by Charles Spurgeon
5. The Christian Ministry by Charles Bridges
6. Preaching by John MacArthur
7. When God’s Voice is Heard by David Jackman and Christopher Green
8. I believe in Preaching (Between Two Worlds) by John Stott
9. Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture by Graham Goldsworthy
10. Preaching & Teaching with Imagination by Warren Wiersbe