7 Characteristics Of A Gospel MinisterAugust 23, 2010
From Ephesians 3:7-11:
1. Gospel ministers are God-made.
“Of this gospel I was made a minister” (v 7, ESV)
2. Gospel ministers are servants.
“I became a servant [diakonos] of this gospel” (v 7)
3. Gospel ministers serve by God’s grace.
“I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me” (v 7)
“…this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles…” (v 8 )
4. Gospel ministers serve by God’s power.
“…through the working of His power” (v 7)
5. Gospel ministers preach Christ.
“…to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ (v 8 )
6. Gospel ministers explain the mystery.
“…and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.” (v 9)
7. Gospel ministers contribute towards God’s greater purposes.
“His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (v10-11)